• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Podcast recommendations

1705833090488.png

Keith Arthur does one called ‘The Strange Boat’. Just a general fishing one with a different guest each time. Always enjoyed his presenting style.

The Korda & Guru ones are okay, but both quite long format and Carp & Match related respectively, as you’d expect. I quite like them both on longer drives. The Guru episodes with Dean Macey & Gary Newman were both good listens.

The Spodcast is another carpy one, but the Rich Wilby episode is worth downloading. He’s done another couple with more speci type anglers, but their names escape me…

There is/was another one called ‘Two pints of maggots and a packet of hooks’, which was news/tackle reviews/etc, but he’s either stopped producing or I’ve unsubscribed.

Wouldn’t a BFW podcast be a thing of beauty! I’d have a crack at it, if I had the time… Different member every month, interview style and discussions about the bigger recent posts and whatnot…

Keith Arthur does one called ‘The Strange Boat’. Just a general fishing one with a different guest each time. Always enjoyed his presenting style.

The Korda & Guru ones are okay, but both quite long format and Carp & Match related respectively, as you’d expect. I quite like them both on longer drives. The Guru episodes with Dean Macey & Gary Newman were both good listens.

The Spodcast is another carpy one, but the Rich Wilby episode is worth downloading. He’s done another couple with more speci type anglers, but their names escape me…

There is/was another one called ‘Two pints of maggots and a packet of hooks’, which was news/tackle reviews/etc, but he’s either stopped producing or I’ve unsubscribed.

Wouldn’t a BFW podcast be a thing of beauty! I’d have a crack at it, if I had the time… Different member every month, interview style and discussions about the bigger recent posts and whatnot…
Have a look at the barbel project mate 😉

I might as well put it out there...
I'm usually driving around a lot and work in an environment where I'm allowed to listen to music/audiobooks/podcasts so I listen to quite a few podcasts to help the working day go a bit quicker/make it more bearable. I've been waiting for a barbel podcast to come out for years so last year I decided to just do one myself.
So far the response has been great and I try and do the monthly release thing where every month I have a phone call with a different guest about all things barbel fishing. If anyone's interested in listening just search for 'the barbel project' on most major streaming platforms.
I'm always looking to get new guests on aswell and have a few really good guests coming on set up for the future. (Just working on dates/times with them isn't as easy as you'd think).
If anyone here likes what I've been doing and would like to come on then drop me a message and we will sort something out.
Don't feel shy, there's quite a few people I still need to ask to come on who I haven't got round to asking yet. There's people I've asked to come on and they've said there a bit nervous/shy to do it but just think of it as me calling you up and us having a chat about barbel fishing.

Anyway, if you haven't got round to listening to any of them yet then give it a listen and hopefully you all enjoy it. 👍

What’s happened to Rich Wilby?? He seems to have “disappeared”, I thought he was a great all round angler and was enjoying his you tube videos!

Not fishing but Peter Crouch is a funny guy, I've listened to a couple but I'm not really into podcasts.

Back