• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

plumber needed

Mark Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Are there any capable plumbers interested in replacing a external oil combi boiler, on the Wye at a property in Symonds Yat opposite the Saracens Head ,in return for some holidays ?

Whatever you do, don't replace the existing boiler with a Grant external combi boiler. We had one and it lasted 9 years before it needed replacing (after having hundreds of pounds a year spent on it!). Dreadful customer service too.

Does that advice earn me a holiday...?

The one I have currently is a Grant and yes also spent hundreds on it but now main jacket rusted and leaking.
Been quoted for a new Grant and one other, and fitting cost seems mega mega expensive for what I would guess is a days work ?
Anyone got any idea/know what is fair rate for just the installation cost £500,£750, ,more ??? :eek:

I would be around and able to help out or run around when work being done etc
I could even arrange a few day tickets !
Two bedrooms,two bathrooms and breakfast on the balcony with a list of decent local restauarants

Apologies for talking boilers not boilies on "barbel talk" page.

From running my own gas business, is of guessed that most blokes would charge anywhere between £400-£700 for a days boiler swap mate. Admittedly I’ve never got involved in oil boilers

I've got an old boiler that I am not using at the moment, she's not up to much though....
I'll get 'me coat......
Good luck
G.T.

You are much braver that I am Graham, and I don't think mine knows how to get on this site, but I am not prepared to take that risk. Just imagine what would happen to your rods if your boiler blew up in your tackle store !

Back