• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Plastic mesh for feeders

Now if I'd have said "Don't look at it, especially you Neil, as it'll make your eyes go funny"...what would you have done eh:):):eek:
ATVB
Terry

With 'U' shaped pieces of plastic coated gardening wire, pushed up through 2 squares of overlap of plastic grid sheet. When pushed through to outside of tube, ends of 'U' are simply crossed over..with no need to twist. A 3"/8cm feeder will need about 4 of these.
Hope that's clear:)
ATVB
Terry

First attempt: Feeder is made from 8.8 x 13cm piece of plastic sheet, folded around so 2 lines a squares overlap. Resultant feeder is then 8.5 long with a diameter of ~3.8cm. Metal strip (roofing lead) was cut to 1cm x 13cm. Final feeder weighs 31grms (lead is 28grms as must be a minimum of 1oz legally I guess). Its a start;)

Attachments

• 30g Feeder.jpg
    30g Feeder.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 226
(lead is 28grms as must be a minimum of 1oz legally I guess). No mate if attached to a feeder you can have what weight you want on it. 8.5cm x 3.5cm big buggers aint they.:)

Cheers Gra, didn't know that (but you'd know eh, you being in the business!) Yeah, I just want the option of big but relatively light. Not sure when I'll use them (probably on the Severn in the summer when they want a lot of feed, but flow is low), but they'll be nice to have in my 'armoury' anyway.
ATVB
T

Back