• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pike

I've done a fair bit of grayling recently, up to 1lb 3oz from the Swale. They are a wonderful species to go for...

P1020306.jpg

I'm hoping to catch a few grayling this weekend from the wye and maybe a decent barbel or chub in the evening.

Out this morning on the river swale and caught this 19lb 4oz pike in top condition. Very pleasing

P1020329.jpg

Had a very pleasing 15lb 2oz pike yesterday. In future I must remember to cover up the reflective strip on my ex-police Polartec windproof fleece (going cheap on ebay) when taking snaps!

DSC02371e_zps43dbf706.jpg

Hi
have you got this book?

PIKE HERE & THERE

Phil has just a few copies left as he is now working on Chew Valley Giants

If you mention me Phil said for the last few he will sign copies at no extra costs.

This book is excellent.

I might treat Adrian to a copy for Xmas :D

00EB82B0-7475-4F87-996B-C01E20D3A0E2-10546-00001048B41DC0CE_zps941bc22e.jpg

Managed to up my pb again....

23,13 of lower Severn pike. Caught aboard my boat yamyam this morning, a few miles above upton....

Only bite of an otherwise very slow day, but I did hear of a couple of other big pike come off....
Nice end to the season for me... :)

Steve

That's a belting pike Stevo made up for you buddy.

Nice one Scubes, well deserved....is it one you've seen before??

Paul

It's got a really big head. I'd have expected more of a girth at this time of year, that's got the potential to be a 25+ certainly. I'd keep fishing where you are if I were you ;)

Back