• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pike

James Hinley

No barbel, but I caught my new pb pike last weekend, a clonker of 24lb 15oz from the River Tees. :)

PBPike_zpse9924d53.jpg

PBPike1_zps7edd6473.jpg

I did consider that, but no i think it's a different fish. This pike has a few very distinct lines across its flank that dont seem to appear on the other.

I have had a 10lber caught within weeks of each other that was definitely the same pike, as well as a 17lber from the Swale caught 2 years apart that i'm pretty sure was the same fish.

There's a very healthy population of pike on the Tees, notably since the barrage went in a while back, and a number of different twenties (and the occassional report of a 30) are caught each year. It seems to have happened hand in hand with the explosion of bream shoals on the lower tees as well.

Had a good day piking on the Wye today a 10 15 and to top it off a big girl of 26lb 11oz on whole float lesgered sardine, starting a new job tomorrow that will cut my fishing time to a minimum so today was my last chance for a big girl perfect timing.

That's a beautiful fish James....wow :)

Well done Dale, cracking river pike.....;)

Ian

Roach and grayling next I think it's been years since I fished for roach and only caught my first grayling at the end of last season.

I've done a fair bit of grayling recently, up to 1lb 3oz from the Swale. They are a wonderful species to go for...

P1020306.jpg

Back