• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pictures - is it me?

Andy Davies

Administrator
Staff member
Logging on at work there are loads of photos (not all) that members have posted, which I cannot see. I just see the little red cross icon.

Just me or same for others?

Admittedly I am running a very old version of IE (no choice here). Im just wondering if they are blocked...

Andy

by the way, just pressed alt+s by accident (as if I was sending an email) and it worked for posting. Might need to check out other shortcut keys as I like working like that

Logging on at work there are loads of photos (not all) that members have posted, which I cannot see. I just see the little red cross icon.

Just me or same for others?

Admittedly I am running a very old version of IE (no choice here). Im just wondering if they are blocked...

Andy

by the way, just pressed alt+s by accident (as if I was sending an email) and it worked for posting. Might need to check out other shortcut keys as I like working like that

Hi Andy...i'm no expert on this, but it's happened to me on a few occasions, and usually refreshing the page cures it.

a while back it seemed to be happening a lot, and i was getting a warning that my pageing file was too small as well on ocassions.

Following instructions i found on the net, i increased my pageing file, and it seems to have cured the problem.
If your pageing file is too small basically i believe the computer will refuse to perform certain functions, giving preference to the most important ones.

Paul Whiteing may be able to help you, he's a bit of a whizz kid with these things ;)

Ian.

Happens in many workplaces that have restrictions on what can and can't be viewed. My own workplace network has pretty much every photo hosting site known to man filtered. Some threads are a complete waste of time due to this. If you can access the actual photobucket, picturetrail etc sites directly then there may be another issue.

Back