• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

River Thurne at Coldharbour today with a lovely Norfolk Wherry gliding past.
20230801_145207.jpg

Tried stalking some Barbel on the wharfe.Ended up stalking this.....View attachment 25275
What a wonderful photo Adrian. It makes my blood boil when I hear about the low life setting dogs onto hares 😡
I had a "close encounter" with a hare last year when on a walk. I had just entered a field through a hedge and the poor thing was literally a few yards away minding his own business and when he saw me he ran like mad!
Lovely animals

What a wonderful photo Adrian. It makes my blood boil when I hear about the low life setting dogs onto hares 😡
I had a "close encounter" with a hare last year when on a walk. I had just entered a field through a hedge and the poor thing was literally a few yards away minding his own business and when he saw me he ran like mad!
Lovely animals
Thank you Paul.As I was the only person on the length I was fishing ,while roving trying different spots, I spotted the hare about 100mtrs above where I was casting at the bottom of the high bank.As I was struggling to get any response from the fish,just for the hell of it I decided to see how close I could get to it.About 3mtrs was the answer.I walked around where it was sitting in a large semicircle untill I was upwind of it then crouched/belly crawled as close as I could,grabbed a couple of photos then backed off in reverse leaving it happily grazing.I was also wearing an old pair of camouflage trousers and hoody which helped.I"m glad there was no one there to witness me doing that or would they have seen me anyway ?😁

Lovely animals
They are amazing creatures. Wish I saw more of them, it always brightens my day when I see them.

Back