• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

1677778483341.jpeg

looks like the beavers have moved in on my stretch of the Somerset Frome.

Attachments

• A256BBF9-CCEF-44DF-B743-B6780CE93858.jpeg
    A256BBF9-CCEF-44DF-B743-B6780CE93858.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 135
Hi Paul,
Was that taken today David? Its my favourite scene on that section of the Upper Bure. I fished just downstream of Plantation Bridge a few evenings ago but only caught a few dace, but also a very large and lively gudgeon!!! Took me back to my youth!
Hi Paul, yes at 11.30 am.

As far as I can tell the wierpool is free fishing, but just downstream it belongs to Oxmead Buxton Lamas AC , who also have a stretch upstream of the mill from the first field , which gives about 80 yards of available free river before you reach the private stretch . Upstream the banks are very overgrown with reed and actually getting to the waterside would be “interesting “

I am told that Barbel up to about 16 lbs have been taken from above the mill on the private stretch , but when I walked it this morning there is zero indication that it is fished at all, again bankside vegitation and cabbages are in abundance, having said that it looks a fantastic stretch with so much potential for a small river .

David

Back