• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

A day out on one of the smaller rivers close to home.
20220306_173222_resize_99.jpg

The river is classed a trout river for most of its 38km length but the last 2 or 3 km are coarse fishing. I usually go there in summer and do a species hunt for mini fish.
20220306_115542_resize_23.jpg

20220306_133300_resize_85.jpg

20220306_152742_resize_62.jpg

After 5 hours, 4 swims, 3 lost hooks and a ledger I finally got a bite. My first this year. It bit through the line just above the hook link. Probably an out of season pike. Still fishless in 2022.

A day out on one of the smaller rivers close to home.
View attachment 18369
The river is classed a trout river for most of its 38km length but the last 2 or 3 km are coarse fishing. I usually go there in summer and do a species hunt for mini fish.
View attachment 18371
View attachment 18370

View attachment 18372

After 5 hours, 4 swims, 3 lost hooks and a ledger I finally got a bite. My first this year. It bit through the line just above the hook link. Probably an out of season pike. Still fishless in 2022.
Looks a nice peaceful spot there. Love the French style rod rests.

It usually is peaceful Martin. Unfortunately there was a garden party going on at a house opposite the last two swims and it was anything but peaceful. I normally fish that river mid-week. However the weather and commitments dictated that today was the only day I could fish. The next three days will be perfect when I am working.

It usually is peaceful Martin. Unfortunately there was a garden party going on at a house opposite the last two swims and it was anything but peaceful. I normally fish that river mid-week. However the weather and commitments dictated that today was the only day I could fish. The next three days will be perfect when I am working.
I am hoping to get out on La Vienne this week, if the level is ok.

Mole-Patrol and lunch were done by the time the church bells struck noon. I had lunch next to the middle Charente.

The river in these parts splits and splits again and sometimes again and again creating dozens of narrow channels and islands. This one normally holds a few single chub and barbel that prefer to live alone as well as shoals of gudgeon feeding on the gravel. Despite much walking and scouring the water all I could find was one chub that spotted me before I spotted it.

I never got to cast to a fish.

20220309_111649_resize_26.jpg

20220309_111134_resize_32.jpg

Back