• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perfect reel for Harrison Snag n Flood ????

got to be the new Shimano medium LC

I'm with John on that, the same spool size as the XTB, however the reel is more bomb proof and you know that it will take some stick, was reeling 3-4oz back past few days like there was very little on the line.

I'm suprised no one has asked what river you will be using the reel on.If you are fishing a big river then maybe the shimano's mentioned are the best choice.Having handled this rod before, a daiwa 3500 size reel feels balanced with it.

Jason

Mainly small/medium rivers nothing big like the Tidal Trent (at the moment) if it was it would be a one off kind of thing and out would come the XTB's - have to admit though looking at those new Medium LC's I'd be tempted by those to replace my XTB's.

Anyone any idea if the front drag shimano's in the 5000 size are the same size as the 6000's or 4000's?

A LC on a small river, even a medium one? eh why such a big reel, yep winding big feeders accross the Trent sounds good but on a small river. Sledge Hammer to crack a nut comes to mind.

Martin

Jason

Mainly small/medium rivers nothing big like the Tidal Trent (at the moment) if it was it would be a one off kind of thing and out would come the XTB's - have to admit though looking at those new Medium LC's I'd be tempted by those to replace my XTB's.

Anyone any idea if the front drag shimano's in the 5000 size are the same size as the 6000's or 4000's?

Steve, if you like your xtb's but prefer the rear baitrunner system then it's worth the swap, i believe they are more bomb proof and feel stronger than the others.
If you want old school have you thought about triton seaspins

Back