• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch Rivers

Steven Ballard

Ello men, me and a mate are planning a weekend away chasing perch, as we are awaiting out 1st over 3lb! We currently fish the soar and are wondering what river to fish for our weekend away?
We will be livebaiting and roving around, I did think throop and royalty, but people say the derwent is good which is only 30-40 mins away, unlike the 3.5 hours of christchurch!
Any advice please chaps?
regards
Steve

How about a day ticket on the Kennet Steven. Have had a great number of 3's from all of the RDAA Kennet stretches that are available on a DT

I know I'm somewhat biased but the perch fishing on the Royalty over the last three years has been excellent. Loads of 3's and a small smattering of low fours. Plus a 5lb 12oz specimen landed by someone spinning for sea trout. :eek:

5-12!:eek:

Sounds like some good perch fishing that Nigel, might have to come down for a session or two later in the year. Can you still get day tickets in Davis Tackle?

cheers

Paul

What are people's opinions on spinning for Perch. I have to use a trace due to Pike but find that most traces are very visible and the Perch tend to avoid the lure preferring to follow but not take. Any other options that will protect me from Pike but be less obvious?

What are people's opinions on spinning for Perch. I have to use a trace due to Pike but find that most traces are very visible and the Perch tend to avoid the lure preferring to follow but not take. Any other options that will protect me from Pike but be less obvious?

I do a lot of lure fishing for perch. I use titanium wire (knottable), supple and less prone to kinks than comventional wire. If there was minimal chance of pike i would switch to fluro.

What BS Fluro? Is that robust enough to survive Pike? Since it's river fishing there's a good bet I'll hook a Pike at some stage and there are some big ones too.

Back