• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch fishing north west ?

Paul Clotworthy

Anyone been doing any perch fishing on the lures this winter in the north west area

Been getting out my self been struggling lately to get decent on the canals only all couple of fish oz in size this season for me finding it hard

Hi Paul, not exactly sure where you are, if you don,t mind commercials, some cracking perch to be had at Bannister Farm near Burscough, fishing the snake as close to the reeds as you can get. Worm and red maggot rather than lures.

I'd agree with the advice about bait vs lures. Since the first lockdown, I've never seen so many lure anglers on the canals. They did well to start with, but the perch have now wised up and are generally ignoring lures. They never wise up to worm or maggot, though.

Am based Merseyside
Looking more for bit of lure fishing at the min been catching plenty of pike but not any decent perch had few on the drop shot also fishing the canals enjoying the walking also has am doing it
Fished banister plenty of times normally fish the pole or tip on there also have my paas card if anyone can recommend any of there waters locally
Don’t mind traveling about a hour or so to get some we’re

Back