• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pellet quality

David Craine

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, quick question re quality of pellets, I have been using Dynamite Hali pellets for a while now,last week I bought 2 packets of Dynamite Marine Hali pellets from a tackle shop, one packet micro pellets for feeder use, and one 10 mm for hair rigs.

When I opened the micro pellets, they were very dark coloured and oily, as were my last batch, but the 10 mm pellets seemed quite dry and hard in comparison, although the smell seemed ok.
I am aware that pellets will dry out time, is it possible that the 10 mm pellets were old stock, or is this how the larger pellets are now made ?

On the same subject, if pellets 'dry out', where does the oily content go if they are in an airtight bag ?

As it is, I will glug the larger pellets in Mackerel oil, to infuse a bit of attractant, that should do the trick.

Dave.

Not really sure about the answer to your question, but iv got a bag of halibut pellets that iv had 6-7 years, and they are full of oil, i caught alot of barbel on them last year.
I buy cheap feed pellets because they work fine for me mate. I personally believe if the fish are there they will eat them mate, wouldnt worry too much about it.
Regards

Back