• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pellet not Boilie Grinder/Crusher

Andrew Foxall

I am looking to grind/crush some of my pellets (2/3kg quantities) to use in a ground bait mix and PVA bags, can anyone please recommend a grinder/crusher that will do the job please?
I must add I have tried the Korda boilie grinder which simply will not handle hard pellets.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the replies guys

Firstly Jon as for whacking them in the wife’s blender that’s definitely a no go, but thank you for the suggestion!

Secondly thank you Peter & Dave I shall endeavour to find an old (I assume you mean cast iron by the terminology old mincer)
After an internet search there appears to be quite a selection..Happy days 👍

Tightlines to you all

Andy

Last edited:
Andy,
Visit your local car boot sale. You will pick up a food processor for a few quid, and probably find an antique minced as well.
Don't use the wife's processor, hard pellets bugger up the blades !

Must say I've never thought of a mincer (well, not since I went through a phase in teen-hood 🤪 ), but I only use ground pellets in small quantities to make wraps. Then I grind them in a 2nd hand coffee grinder off eBay (£3 IIRC), then sieve it. Cheapo, low-oil pellets grind much better than quality high-oil types. Hinders are a pig, I gave up with them and resorted to actually buying the pre-made wrap :eek:.

Yes a coffee bean grinder is good for all but largest pellets...I got a cheap one just for this (don’t use your coffee one the pellet taste lingers) about 3 yrs ago and still good for the job; grinds into a very nice powder that makes good paste also when mixed with eggs

I bought one of these about a year ago and it does the job on all sizes of pellets and dried bread etc., just needs a bit of elbow grease. A friend of mine says you could dispose of a body with this given a little time. Not that I would advise this but come to think of it I haven't seen his missus for a while...

I use a old blender, you can grind pellets into a fine fishmeal powder. I use one for summer paste fishing for tame carp. A skrettings or coppens pellet best, halibuts have two much oil in them.

Dead right, the bag was the problem. I now use a piece of plastic sheeting folded over with the pellets inside. Being a much thicker material it withstands the hammering.

Back