• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Peanuts

Chris Thomson

Hi , anyone on here used peanuts for barbel? I know all about the dangers of overfeeding etc and i know they like maple peas just wondering if the humble peanut would score ?

The only time I heard about an angler claiming to use them for Barbel and Carp, turns out he was catching on pellets. They are used by many for carp fishing so guess if baited with correctly they must stand a chance of delivering. Don’t know how easy to flavour or colour they are but sure others will know more.

No idea for barbel. But I’ve caught a fair few tench and carp on them, notably at Larkfield ages ago. They take a flavour well - I used to use something sweet.

One issue might be the fact that they are quite a light bait.

Hi , anyone on here used peanuts for barbel? I know all about the dangers of overfeeding etc and i know they like maple peas just wondering if the humble peanut would score ?
Hi Chris, yes I've used pretty much everything in my mix, peanuts, maples being the best but that may be because I used them more. I use a mix of loads of different particles together and if the fish get on them they're deadly, that applies to barbel, carp, tench, bream and even roach. Definitely give them a try

Back