• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

PB Pike

Neil Partridge

had this pike yesterday afternoon 16.7. half herring bait ancored well down.
a cracking fish, i was well chuffed. i had to get a ramdom elderly lady (walking her dog) to take the pic. she had a right gut on her (the fish not the lady:D) its a shame its hidden on my arm. i must learn how to hold fish better for a more striking pic.
22022012514.jpg

had this pike yesterday afternoon 16.7. half herring bait ancored well down.
a cracking fish, i was well chuffed. i had to get a ramdom elderly lady (walking her dog) to take the pic. she had a right gut on her (the fish not the lady:D) its a shame its hidden on my arm. i must learn how to hold fish better for a more striking pic.

Well done Neil. but do not extend your arms towards the camera and make your super fish look like a 30 pounder!

;)

Hugo

Nice one Neil - There's nothing better than a river Pike.

I'm impressed with your choice of photographer too - She managed to get the whole of the landing net in the shot. :D

Nice one Neil - There's nothing better than a river Pike.

I'm impressed with your choice of photographer too - She managed to get the whole of the landing net in the shot. :D

She managed to miss the mat though ;)

Nice fish Neil well done

Ian.

ian, i unhooked it on my coat draped over my chair about 3 ft. below where the pic was taken, i then carried the fish up the bank in the net & lowered it slowly on the grass for the picture to be taken, i then carried it back down the bank in the net & released it safely, thankyou though for your 'concern'.

ian, i unhooked it on my coat draped over my chair about 3 ft. below where the pic was taken, i then carried the fish up the bank in the net & lowered it slowly on the grass for the picture to be taken, i then carried it back down the bank in the net & released it safely, thankyou though for your 'concern'.

Grass ?..... Oh yeah sorry i missed it ! you mean the green bits next to the hardcore path, but a mat is not just for unhooking a fish on on Neil.

It's a nice fish worthy of a bit of consideration.

I'd best shut up now.

Again well done on your PB Neil.

Ian.

Back