• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Panorama this evening

Whatever is said , or whatever is put in petition form , argued, moaned about etc , it all comes down to ££££££££s at the top end in my opinion,
Nature versus £ , no contest,
Regards

I have often wondered if the powers that be dont want the rivers to be a live with creatures, and filthy and polluted, so nobody used them recreationly, and so could use them soley as drains to discharge filth without witnesses so no complaints, saving millions of pounds in profits. just a thought.

expand were i quoted you, and look at the yellow bit 👍 I think the third word would be better as " the "
Thanks for that Derek, much appreciated.

As frequently happens in this country we attempt to solve problems from the top down. The British Public need to take responsibility. Stop buying non biodegradable wet wipes and stop flushing rubbish down the lavatory. This will take enormous pressure off water companies. Then when they keep discharging waste go for the jugular.

People are not aware treated waste water is let into rivers and then pumped into reservoirs and ends up coming out of their kitchen taps. We seldom drink 'fresh' water (whatever it is supposed to be) in most parts of England.

Having said that I am circulating links of the Panorama program and petition to my local clubs, tackle shops, and workplace, etc.

Back