• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pallatrax steamlink

David Pearce

Hi guys
Does any one on here use pallatrax steam link?
I got a spool last week and it looks awsome the dyneema core is really low diameter for it's breaking strain.
I rekon it's going to be awsome and am lookin forward to using it.
Regards dave

Keep us informed Dave of how it goes, i use their hooks and the gamma flouro, rate both very highly. Regards, Derek.

Use it with confidence ,it's cracking stuff,as is the snaglink.
Works very well too stripped for short hooklinks,or as a hinge.

Perfect David on weedy places like horsehoe lake where big carp show up as well.

I use it all the time on lilo systen on the Ouse for Barbel and Chub,a short stripped section ,no more than four inches,rubbed in kryston tungsten putty.

It is the best coated braid i have used it strips easy and ties up very well
It looks like it is going to be great for all types of presentation.
And I think it will be especially good for pop up rigs.

David

I've had a look at the website. Excuse me if i'm being a little thick, but is it's main application to give a stiff, low diameter braid presentation? You mention using it as a coated braid so i guess it covers several applications?

I can certainly see it as being very useful for tench bolt rig situations.

Thanks for drawing my attention to it :)

In it's designed format,it works great as a hinged rig,stripped leaving the coated part stiff,as a result of being steamed in the kettle .
Off the spool it is very springy until either stripped or steamed,hence the name.

You can pick your preferred presentation.

Back