• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

P&daa press release

Mark P Smith

i have permission from BFW to post this.

PRESS RELEASE

Peterborough & District Angling Association have secured the Fishing Rights on the River Nene at Elton.
Waters include Willow Brook,All Backwaters and the Main River Upstream of Elton Mill and Downstream of Elton Mill to the Nassington Road Bridge known locally as the Red Bridge.

as this was previously a free water it will now be a PRIVATE FISHERY run as a SYNDICATE with a LIMITED MEMBERSHIP, normal P&DAA members handbooks on their own are not valid at elton only those who also have the elton fishery permits will be allowed to fish these waters.
NO DAY TICKETS
Anglers expressing an interest in this water should apply in writing only to.

<edit - address previously included here was deleted by request of the poster
Admin>

CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS FRIDAY 24TH MAY 2013.
All Successful Anglers Will Be Notified.

PETERBOROUGH & DISTRICT ANGLING ASSOCIATION.
10TH MAY 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
just walked there the other day with seeing no notification of this happening, fortunately i have just logged on and came across this.

the signs have just been made and will be up in the next few days shaun, we hope that anyone who fished it as a free water but has`nt heard about the change there will have plenty of time to make other arrangements if they were planning a pre-baiting campaign ready for the 16th.
we fully understand this will not be popular with some anglers but p&daa only stepped in to safeguard the fishing and address the landowners concerns when it was looking increasing likely that the landowners were going to stop the fishing there because of asbo, litter and parking issues.
as with all our waters it will be very heavily bailiff`d for the benefit of the permit holders and landowners.

Last edited:
could those people who have received their membership forms along with the maps please return the form straight away along with passport photos and fee as the permits and gate key will not be issued until payment has cleared.
if after reading the rules you do not wish to take up your membership then please also fill in the form with your name and return it so the permit may go to the next person on the waiting list. many thanks.

Yeah good call mark, I sent mine off last week but as always with the mail i'm left wondering if it actually made it so am watching my bank account to see if the cheque has been cashed.

Also Mark any news on the car park? Not sure if i want my car used as a scratching post by the cattle.

thanks shaun, i believe the bailiff is looking at the parking area to find the best solution for anglers and landowner alike, but what ever you do please dont park in the village.

Back