• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Otters...I thought they were territorial?

Anthony Pearson

My dear mother of 82 Whatsapped me this image from her paper today with the caption 'Competition!!!':

I thought otters spread out (unless this lot are all from one litter!!!)?

SEVEN of them!!!

Ian, the Delhi demo is one of the other photos. Mind you with the South Yorkshire police helicopter crew in trouble for filming people sunbathing in the nude, the weather must be subtropical in these parts, hence the bamboo-lined river banks. :)

Only about the bottom mile of the Trent (left bank) is in East Yorkshire as I recall so limits the options. Unless they've shifted the boundaries again since I lived there.

Total fabrication,blurry background,tropical plant,Asian Otters and a fake story. A photo taken abroad that has been sold all over the world by Solent news a photo agency who make money publishing photos.I have seen as many as 15 otters together in Malaysia.

Otters and their kittens will stay to-gether until the offspring are old enough to fend for themselves. If it was endemic as some suggest we would be tripping over then on the bank.

Some anglers despite fishing for many years still have to see a wild Otter, however I have on a few occasions, but never as a group, just a single specimen.

Considering we as anglers are the 'eyes and ears' perhaps some sort of official monitoring would be of use to those who introduced the things in the first place?

We observe in the 'real' issues of what is going on with our countryside, perhaps the truth might be a tad uncomfortable.

Back