• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Otters Found Dead on Dorset Stour

We (anglers) are regarded as mindless morons who catch fish we have no intention of eating by many people who do not understand the sport........

We often do ourselves no favours at all.........

All I will say is that this area of the board is public and accessible by anyone, remember that when you make your responses on yet another Otter thread............

Maybe they (the otters) hadn't read all the EA's spin on how healthy our rivers are, or chose to disbelieve the spiel and subsiquently pulled a Lemming styled maneuver, depleting food source and all that.;)

The ideal scenario would have to be; the EA post-morten showing fatal levels of a licensed toxin and said toxin is being legally dumped into the river...:eek:

Hmmm,

So....it appears that one otter cub has been found dead (cause as yet unknown) and an angler has reported a possible sighting of another being swept downstream.

Based on that, plus angry words spoken in a pub, it seems that certain members of the public are on the verge of organizing a lynching party to hang all anglers. Just imagine what will happen if it turns out said otter WAS poisoned....and worse still, it is somehow proven that the dreadful deed WAS carried out by an angler.

I am glad I shall be off on holiday when the test results are due to be announced...if the worst possible scenario turn out to be a fact, I shall probably be safer where I am going...even if it is Egypt :D

Cheers, Dave.

Lets wait and see what the post-mortem results are and hope its good news and turns out to be nothing sinister . What ever we feel about Otters sadly we are stuck with them

The Chairman on Saturday

Mindless morons, you say...? Now, they really must be super stupido!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moron

A deafening silence (good example of an oxymoron, by the way - check out the meaning if you have mind enough to search for a Search Engine) falls on rotter otters (remember how some political outfit's Demon Eyes poster campaign really tanked?) and those who in order to merely function actually need something to hate, now, I very much hope.

As ever,

B.B.

Otters are susceptible to feline enteritis and canine distemper - a variety of the latter has been cause of a number of Otter deaths. The EA analysis will show one way or another.

Ian, only some are mindless morons!

Another arm chair fisherman...me thinks you need to get out, unless the long haired General is not allowing you out...Take your frustration out on something more productive than dribble...It's called Humour you Muppet..

Another arm chair fisherman...me thinks you need to get out
Very much so...caused by another mindless moron that couldn't drive.

unless the long haired General is not allowing you out.

Quality comment...did you think that up all on your own:confused:

Take your frustration out on something more productive than dribble...It's called Humour you Muppet..

Yes, your very funny.....I am laughing at you right now :p

Does the 'Ignore' function work or been loaded here? Like you we could probably find a use for it.:cool:

cheers

Adie

What would happen if, as Darryl suggests, canine distemper was found to be a major factor in otter deaths, and they banned dog walkers form our riverbanks?

There'd be some shouting then!

Jeff

Carle is a very decent bloke and those that know him have a lot of respect for him after his 'quip' which was all it was, he just took offense to being called a moron which to be honest was unfair. Provocation should not be expectable on this forum its why with personnel insults like being called a moron which drags decent threads down into gutter sniping.

ok ok ok guys, i cannot see any real angler putting poison down on a riverbank, any real angler would realise that the poison would get into the river and probably cause more fish deaths than the otter would have, so
anglers poisoning them is out of the question, maybe its an anti angling member hell bent on causing bad public opinion of anglers that could be the culprit, again no self respecting farmer would put poison down as this action would be indescriminate on which animal or bird ate it, think about it

Carle is a very decent bloke and those that know him have a lot of respect for him after his 'quip' which was all it was, he just took offense to being called a moron which to be honest was unfair. Provocation should not be expectable on this forum its why with personnel insults like being called a moron which drags decent threads down into gutter sniping.

Maybe the 'Moron' comment was as flippant as his 'Suicide' one but neither had the element of an smilie to indicate or hint at humour...just like his snipe at my good lady wife but I am big enough and ugly enough to move on and ignore him whilst he behaves like a cock. I suggest he/you do the same with me.

Maybe if we concentrated more on why fish stocks are not self supporting and what impact the unnecessary tonnes of man made bait and oils we deposit into the rivers/still-waters have on this along with water quality and oxygenation might be less volatile than take of Otters eating their food!

Enjoy

Cheers

Adie

Back