• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Opinions on otters survey ....

I think all the relevant organisations offer a crash ‘Head in the sand’ course before you’re assigned a desk.

Except they don't get assigned their own desks anymore. I'm told that about 5-7 years ago some bright spark introduced a policy of 'hot-desking'. Which means at the start of every day staff have to get all the paperwork etc for whatever project they are working on, and then at the end of the day pack it up back in a locker. So a good 10 mins wasted at each end of the day...very efficient. Probably devised by the same genius who came up with the car-pooling idea. Staff have to use company cars for field visits which quite often means staff have to drive into the office in their own vehicles, before jumping into a pool car and then drive back in the direction they have just come from...great for environment I'm sure.

I've completed it, but its probably just to support someone's university degree?

Seems so, as I just read this :

"I am conducting an online survey to establish public opinions on otter predation as part of my university dissertation project.....................

.................... The survey has been created to aid in my university dissertation only, which as mentioned, is based around the Eurasian otter and the conflicting interests, mainly in relation to its population revival."

Seems so, as I just read this :

"I am conducting an online survey to establish public opinions on otter predation as part of my university dissertation project.....................

.................... The survey has been created to aid in my university dissertation only, which as mentioned, is based around the Eurasian otter and the conflicting interests, mainly in relation to its population revival."
That said, I think it could (potentially) do a lot more good than harm. "Every little helps".

Back