• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

oohh at last its hit the fan !!!!!!!!!!

It is possible the whole thing is a setup, what I really don’t get is his response, even he is not allowed to say too much, a simple it is not me should do.

Anyway, I do hope it is not him as I do like him. Let’s see what will happen
Yeah I wouldn't be keeping my mouth shut either if I was innocent. But maybe they're collating all this evidence of stuff to bring about some sort of legal action... Let's see what transpires....

Something feels a bit off about this, a mismatch between the video and audio.

The video looks as if it was filmed by a hidden camera or surreptitiously (kept low, put on the ground etc) but the audio sounds like it’s coming directly from the radio mike on the angler. Odd.

Screenshot (249).png

It looks like someone could be facing an expensive trip to court.

Hi men ,

Who would release the video 🤔 , if that situation happened then all evidence surely would have been wiped , strange one for sure but nothing but grief for someone 🙄

Hatter

Not sure an out of court settlement would provide sufficient answers. To have any credibility left, not to mention his career, MB needs to go for complete exoneration if he is not guilty.
That would still be possible with an out of court settlement. A far less protracted process.

That would still be possible with an out of court settlement. A far less protracted process.
That’s a very difficult thing to achieve with a settlement unless you have a smoking gun. For Martin to have full exoneration via a settlement, the other party would need to admit publicly to what they had tried to do. They may aswell chance it in court if that’s the case.

Why would someone go to all that trouble to discredit him? Business reasons perhaps.
That said, it's bloody childish.......it's only fishing for gods sake 🤷

There's a wider issue at stake here and that's regarding the mis-use of AI. Putting the MB video to one side, I think the public have got to be aware that, these days, the camera (and the recording) CAN lie.
We have all probably seen footage of politicians and "celebrities" saying and doing odd things, that turn out to be false. It seems some individuals enjoy creating false stories. Not sure what drives them to do this...maybe notoriety, financial gain, for a "laugh"? Who knows.
All I do know is that if something doesn't "look right" or "sound right" or if the subject person is acting in a way totally out of character, then I would say its an idiot using AI for malicious purposes.

Back