• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

oohh at last its hit the fan !!!!!!!!!!

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
Well its taken a time but seems its now well and truly been exposed, a big name in Barbel fishing that every one knows

WELL KNOWN Anglers both Barbel and Carp have been caught on film and its now being shared on social media of them rehooking Barbel and playing them for a video this has been happening a lot !!!

Carp anglers also do this regularly

and one top carp angler deliberately let a carp go into some snags so they can make a video of him getting it out !!

I don’t know what to say…

Attachments

• IMG_2847.png
    IMG_2847.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,917
  • IMG_2848.png
    IMG_2848.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,911
Shocking behaviour whoever it is, hopefully the fish recovered. If identified and behaviour proven without doubt the individual is going to be ostracised from the angling world for some time. Very silly behaviour and damaging for the fish, for themselves and the public image of angling.

It sounds like his voice for sure but it would be nice to have the actual footage of them on screen in the same place and clothes to support the naughty footage clearly stating that the fish was to be re hooked.
If it’s not Martin then he doesn’t deserve to have his name dragged through the shit. Any more evidence around backing that up?

If it is Martin then quite frankly everything he’s ever done for fishing is not worth a dime because that is completely unforgivable.

If it was already hooked and in the landing net, why would they bother to unhook it only to re hook it again.
Surely they would just leave it hooked in the net until they released it so they could reel back in....all very strange.
The voice definately sounds like Bowler, but would he really risk his reputation by doing that?
It wouldn't surprise me if it might be common practice in the filming world though.

I have no knowledge either way but that could be a deep fake made by someone with an axe to grind.
It sounds like his voice for sure but it would be nice to have the actual footage of them on screen in the same place and clothes to support the naughty footage clearly stating that the fish was to be re hooked.
If it’s not Martin then he doesn’t deserve to have his name dragged through the shit. Any more evidence around backing that up?

If it is Martin then quite frankly everything he’s ever done for fishing is not worth a dime because that is completely unforgivable.
I am not saying it is definitely him, but if you check the reply he made on instagram that I posted earlier, he didn’t say no or deny it, instead, he said he is limited to what he can say…I mean if it is fake or has nothing to do with him, it’s a simple answer

I am not saying it is definitely him, but if you check the reply he made on instagram that I posted earlier, he didn’t say no or deny it, instead, he said he is limited to what he can say…I mean if it is fake or has nothing to do with him, it’s a simple answer
I read that as he knows who is trying to set him up and has been talking to lawyers

Logically yes. Depends on what he’s been told he can comment on. We don’t know if they are trying to carry out any legal proceedings
The part I found strange was he openly said pm me.
Either your commenting on it Martin or your not 🤷🏻

On the face of it it doesn't look at all good. But I'm going to reserve judgement until more comes out. I think MB has at least earned enough credit thus far to entitle him to a fair hearing rather than trial by social media (at this stage).

A few couple things possibly don't add-up. Firstly, barbel are not exactly thin on the ground in the Wye, so why not just catch another if there is is need to put together a better shot/sequence of a capture? Secondly, given that this would be effectively be career suicide of ever found out, why would they have ever allowed this to get out? Thirdly, it sounds like MB, but we can't say for certain that this is him as the sound could have been added on by someone with an axe to grind. As has been pointed out, deep fake tech is now so easy to access. Finally, as has been pointed out, if the intention to was to re-hook the fish, why take the hook out in the first place? It appears that the fish has just been taken out of the water for unhooking, so why watch somebody unhook it before asking the question?

I really listened to his voice, and parts of it sounds like him doesn't it.
Is this on that new fishflix channel?

I also hope the cameraman isn't who I think it is, as that would be a bit of a shock for me personally too! Actually I'd be really disappointed as he's come a long way in the past few years & I held him in high regard.
I don't want to name names on that part personally, as I'm hoping it isn't who it might be😔

I'm angry at the welfare of the fish, I'm disappointed to read that this isn't an isolated incident, and can't imagine the bad publicity this will have to the wider audience...

Be interesting to see what comes off of this. And If it is him then agree that sponsorship should be taken away.

Weird how the camera angle was set to not show more.

Last edited:
Back