• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

One for the Older Guys! - Challis & Son, Cambridge

Les Darlington

All,

I am appealing to the users of this site to help me find out more about a Fishing Tackle shop that traded under the name of Challis & Son of 84 Newmarket Road, Cambridge.

They were certainly trading during 1958-59 as they were advertising at that time in the members booklet of the Cambridge Albion Angling Society.

I have tried "Google" but not a thing.

I would be interested in knowing how long they traded at the Newmarket Road address and whether they relocated at any point or changed ownership.

My thanks in advance.

Cheers

Les

Simple curiosity Geoff. I have an old cane rod with their transfer on it and I am trying to establish when they traded - as I said Googling the name came up with nothing. I have also emailed other sources on the basis this appeal might draw a blank - looks as if this is likely to be the case.

I hope that answers your question - do you have any information?

atb

Les

Thanks Graham - I will follow it up. I hope you are well and still managing a few days on the Wye.

atb

Les

Back