• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

On the Telly - Grand fishing adventure

Hmmnnnnnnn, I wonder?
🤔

Could it be….? Might it be….?

💵💰💶🤑💷💲

Surely not….?
Wth the concrete evidence this thing can damage the fish, I don’t think any fishery will allow it, don’t know if the sell will continue as good as it is now…

I believe this photo is the death sentence of this product.

IMG_2689.jpeg

View attachment 26041

This is appalling. I’m trying to figure out how this could even happen during playing a fish out and can only assume that somehow it’s happened in the net. The possibilities for damage with a heavily spawn bound big carp and that thing in the net don’t bear thinking about.

This is appalling. I’m trying to figure out how this could even happen during playing a fish out and can only assume that somehow it’s happened in the net. The possibilities for damage with a heavily spawn bound big carp and that thing in the net don’t bear thinking about.
I think happened when the arm the magic twig snagged in the weed and the angler or the fish pull very hard?

I had a look at one of these a couple of weeks ago (a friend bought one out of curiosity). Just from playing around with it for a few minutes, my impression is that probably wouldn't actually be every effective as a self-hooking device given the pressure needed to trigger it as about the same as the hook link tensioning against a lead. So regardless of the efficacy and the awful fish welfare implications, it's really just pointless plastic crap.

Hi men ,

The twig is the emperor's New clothes , any fish that pulled back during a fight would set the rat trap off hence people would think it worked for you when it quiet easily had no effect .

OMC are desperate to have something that other company's don't to over come the fact they are basically producing the same as everyone else , Ali is looking for fame and glory , as he kept saying it's a "game changer" 🙄

The program , I'd rather rub salt in my eyes , but iv always said that any angling program is better than none , but now I'm not so sure 😃

Hatter

Hi men ,

The twig is the emperor's New clothes , any fish that pulled back during a fight would set the rat trap off hence people would think it worked for you when it quiet easily had no effect .

OMC are desperate to have something that other company's don't to over come the fact they are basically producing the same as everyone else , Ali is looking for fame and glory , as he kept saying it's a "game changer" 🙄

The program , I'd rather rub salt in my eyes , but iv always said that any angling program is better than none , but now I'm not so sure 😃

Hatter
Anyone who let's Paul Gascoigne (or any geezer for that matter...) rub his ass all over their face like Ali did on camera has lost the plot. Just for a few extra hits/likes on their socials. Very sad tbh.

Last night’s episode of Grand Fishing Adventure was pretty crap it must be said. I turned the tv off and pondered how not only cream seems to rise to the top but also the occasional turd.

And relax
This, by contrast , is rather lovely, as indeed are nearly all of the Fallons films. I often spend time day dreaming and flying over my wider locality on Google Earth and dreaming of the possibilities of long forgotten wildies and Crucians.

View attachment 26041

Looks like the hook has gone through the lip, caught in the net and the weight of the fish hanging down has pulled the line through its mouth down to the anti tangle sleeve. If the twig was caught in the net the weight of the fish would pull away from it towards the hook.

The twig is a useless piece of tackle and a weed rake for sure, but in that photo if the twig was changed for a lead or feeder what exactly would be different? Nothing. It was a bad piece of angling lifting a fish in the net without checking it properly, and that’s what is to blame there.

Back