• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

On the Telly - Grand fishing adventure

I watched a couple of last year’s. Ali seems to have taken all of the irritating elements of Monster Carp and cranked them up to eleven-ty stupid. It’s not for me. And I’m usually of the opinion of that anything fishing related on the telly is better than most of the other crap!

I actually quite enjoy Monster Carp (for what it is) and prefer the dynamic with just Tom & Neil now Ali’s out of the picture. It’s basically Top Gear with fish instead of cars. The missus & kids happily watch it with me too.

Probably the worst fishing program ever on telly. I think most YouTubers make better fishing film than this.

I like the new monster carp, even I don’t fish for carp, it’s not bad to watch.

Gone fishing is very good as well.

I saw about ten minutes of Monster Carp a few years ago now and immediately became an x-watcher, mainly because of Ali. I’ve since watched a few of the last two seasons episodes and agree with both of the above posts: it’s actually rather watchable now and Dovey and Spooner have an easy going banter between them which is both amusing and enjoyable to see, without either one of them trying to hard to be the Alpha funny man.

watched one yesterday and will not be watching again utter rubbish, do enjoy monster carp though some great fish and some fun to.

Tonights episode is about Comizo Barbel. I'll watch it with the sound off 🤣🤣,
Such a shame really. The premise of the show is quite good and the subject matter has huge appeal. I mean, Comizo barbel fishing in Spain, who on here doesn’t fancy some of that on their TV?

If only they could get a decent presenting crew who have a little maturity, charm and wit about them then It’d be an absolute winner.

Watched the first series to see where I was going wrong and to see where I could make any improvements😉
The only thing I could see that would help was having a two Michelin star chef🤣 as you can see I could do with one🤣

Attachments

• 92AEEBB4-EA1E-4606-9DCD-43B0783D554A.jpeg
    92AEEBB4-EA1E-4606-9DCD-43B0783D554A.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 73
Obviously yeah money I know that but what donut in there right mind actually thinks this is a good product. Fair play to him with inventing it and all that clever bloke making a few Bob. but just saying the magic twig is a useless piece of crap
Luckily for OMC and Ali Hamidi there are a lot of donuts about. To misquote Mr Disraeli…
There are three kinds of donuts: donuts, damned donuts and angling donuts.

As it would happen, I very nearly fell into the later category myself by almost acquiring a Magic Twig as part of a larger auction lot I was the under-bidder on. Of course I lost it so never got the pleasure of taking a proper look at this particular turd. Notwithstanding, I would never use such a device on principle (it’s also banned on my club ticket), so it would have ended up on eBay looking for a greater donut still.

They seem to have shifted quite a few units by all accounts. The triumph of hope over experience for some and the triumph of needing to catch at all costs in others, no doubt. 🤷

Back