• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Old Fox Adjusta chair.

I used to have one of the above chairs for years. Its been the best chair I've owned. They wasn't to everyone's taste but personally I found the leg adjustment system absolutely brilliant. Especially on sloping banks. I have a korum lightweight now and although its a decent enough chair the standard adjustable legs really can be a pain in the #ss at times. Unfortunately Fox discontinued the Adjusta. Does anyone know of something similar on the market now??....Many thanks.

The old Korum lightweight sounds like it was similar, however I think they're discontinued. Manufacturers seem to be hellbent on reducing leg size to reduce weight - probably just to compete for the "lightest", etc plaudits.

Richard.... its the actual 4 mud feet on most standard chairs I'm not actually keen on. I find them a pain to adjust and no matter how big the foot is they always seem to sink in the mud completely defeating the object of a mud foot!!!!! I think the old Adjusta chair was near enough the perfect "River" chair.

Hi Simon, there's not a lot on the market with the bars front and back but have a look on the Trakker website. I think you will find that you will find something there ( albeit with bars only at the back ) to fill the void !

Hi Simon

I found a frame from a Fox Adjusta chair washed up in a bush without the seat canvas several years ago on the Wye after a flood.

It has hung in my garage waiting for me to come up with a plan for re-covering it ever since, any ideas welcome 🧐

Hi Simon

I found a frame from a Fox Adjusta chair washed up in a bush without the seat canvas several years ago on the Wye after a flood.

It has hung in my garage waiting for me to come up with a plan for re-covering it ever since, any ideas welcome 🧐
Keith..... that was a good find!!!. As Mick said, I'm sure an upholsterer could quite easily sort that out. If not.....let me know and I'll buy the frame off you!!!!😇

Hi Simon

I’m sure the Tackle Box in Kent used to offer bedchair repairs as a service...so might be able to run up a cover, might be wrong but could be worth a call ?

I’m sure the Tackle Box in Kent used to offer bedchair repairs as a service...so might be able to run up a cover, might be wrong but could be worth a call ?
Tackle Box are an agent for a man known as Army Andy who does bivvy /bedchair repairs and modifications.
One used to be able to deal directly with him on his website but I believe he eventually got inundated with work and goes mainly through the Tackle Box who obviously add a little on for their cut.
Below is a clickable link.

Tackle Box are an agent for a man known as Army Andy who does bivvy /bedchair repairs and modifications.
One used to be able to deal directly with him on his website but I believe he eventually got inundated with work and goes mainly through the Tackle Box who obviously add a little on for their cut.
Below is a clickable link.

I've got one of Andy Army's net floats William. Nice bit if kit and exceptionally well made.👍

I’ve not so much noticed a reduction in size on feet with new chairs although Korum have stepped to smaller ones on the light weight chairs. Fox still give you a decent sized foot mind, but unfortunately like Richard said the aim nowadays is to get in or below that 3kg target and sacrifices are made making them less useful to us river and rough terrain boys. I’ve begun to really dislike these tubular frames with extending legs. They are pretty crap on anything other than semi level banks.
it’s not even due to the amount or lack of adjustment but more the fact your stuck with a degree of fixed length from the chair leg itself.
imo Korum had it bang on with the very first mark 1 roving chair. I have the heavier version in the accessory chair. Legs that fully adjust from the position your sitting at and lock with a good Ol fashion bolt. 90° legs straight up and down just like the old octoplus systems on your old Shakespeare boxes. My accessory chair is only let down by it’s weight at 4.8kg but I’d pay top dollar to get my hands on a first addition Korum roving chair and get the same design a couple kg lighter.

That's exactly my argument Richard. I went out Chubbing last week on the Nene and the So called mud feet on the korum lightweight are so small they kept sinking in the soft ground making things a right pain. Like yourself I'd definitely sacrifice a little more weight to have the perfect "River"/Rough terrain" chair. I know us anglers are quite a picky lot but whats the point of having SMALL mud feet!!!!!!🤦‍♂️

Have a look at the new Korum lightweight chair...back to decent size mud feet and extendable front legs that are longer than standard.

Back