• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Old fishing floats

Bob Brookes

Hi Folks,
I am looking to acquire old/vintage fishing floats.

The sort of things I am looking for are mainly pre 1960 coarse & pike floats. I like anything out of the ordinary, anything with a name on it and any float that is really old. Names could include Zephyr, Elfin, Gazette and Allcock. I have a real liking for the Nottingham Sliders & unusual pike floats. I suppose what really would interest me is something that I dont even know about yet.

I will pay a fair price for anything that takes my fancy so dig through that old tobacco tin in the shed that grandad left you!

Regards,
Bob

Hi Folks,
I will lift this one to the top again, so here's hoping for a bit of action this time!
Rummage in that shed & look through that old tackle box.
Bob

Thanks Clive,
I already have a set of those. They are just a little too modern for my collecting tastes.
Thanks again,
Bob

Hi Clive,
Thanks, I have clocked them but they are a bit too modern for me. I have a pretty full range of Harcorks.
Not too much appears on eBay that appeals, that is why I am hoping some turn up by using this forum. Nothing yet but I live in hope!
I will pay a good price for any float that I buy
Best fishes,
Bob

Good find Clive. If they are genuine, that is one stunning set of old traditional floats. Even if they are modern copies, they have to be good value at that price.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Clive,
Thanks for that, I will be tracking those though they are a bit more modern than those I am seeking.

Hi David,
These are not modern repro's and probably date from the 60's/70's. Most of them are similar to those made by Harcork & could be Allcocks or similar. Good useable or collectible floats at a reasonable price per float.

Thanks to both of you,
Bob

STILL LOOKING FOR NICE OLD UNUSUAL PIKE FLOATS

Hi,
Not a very good picture but attached is a shot of part of my collection.
Bob

Attachments

• Float stands.JPG
    Float stands.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 188
Back