• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Okuma Pulzar 6000

Christian Tyroll

I purchased a set of these reels earlier in the year and on the whole am dead impressed.

The only thing I don't like about them is the range on the clutch feels like it's QD, the difference in resistance for each click is substantial and I feel its missing some middle ground.

Is there anything that can be done to it to increase the range?

Cheers

Christian

It's hard to go the other way with QD non QD to QD is fairly simple. carbon washers will only speed it up more in my opinion not by much but does usually make it slightly quicker.

There must be a way but not sure, I am also very impressed by Okuma bits of late that I have seen,

Literally just got rid of 2 pulzar 4000’s as the drag went from nothing to locked in about 6 clicks. Gone back to my thunnus now.

I use Okuma 6000 inc reels on my flood water rods.

I find the ‘quick’ drag absolutely fine and much more flexible/controllable than the equivalent on Shimano Ci4 5500’s.

Literally just got rid of 2 pulzar 4000’s as the drag went from nothing to locked in about 6 clicks. Gone back to my thunnus now.

It's not the end of the world whilst fishing for barbel but for smaller fish I think its a real loss. The thunnus looks great but still no decent line clip. The aero's look the part with a decent line clip but have read mixed reviews. I feel the pulzar is so close to being exactly what I'm after, which is pretty impressive for under £60. Even the spool is quality.

Back