• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Okuma Aventa 6000

Hi, you have seen it as cheap/ cheaper elsewhere ?

Bob

ps ordered 2, works out at about £53.50 per reel.
Ain't seen cheaper.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree to get the best deal, buy two. One is £60.60 (Inc p&p) which isn't particularly cheap, particularly if you can just buy one from your local tackle shop and not pay the p&p.
Good reels though 👍

I bought 2 of the 5000 models from the same shop a few months ago. Paid about 100 quid for the pair. Very impressed so far 👍

Steve

Hi, i would have liked the Aventa 5000.
Can't understand Romanian, but think iv'e found a bit of info regards the 5000 & 6000.
Needs checking, but i think there the same Reel. Just 5000 as a slightly narrower spool (so reel a few grams lighter).
The spools look to be interchangable.

So 5000, 6000 spools fitted. Retrieve, cranking power, capacity & weight will be different.
Plus size will might look a bit smaller, with 5000 spool fitted.
Just for referance. 8000 OC spool 60mm dia, xtea 8000 60mm, xtea 5000 54mm.

These are the comments etc, translated.

I did the recovery calculations and at one turn of the crank it seems that 5000 recovers 88cm and 6000 92cm
I don't know why I remembered that it recovers 65-70cm. Sorry for the misleading@floriceeel

Replies

@floriceeel
9 months ago
I have used Aventa in the past for catfish fishing. Very resistant. I then changed to Coronado, practically the same reel, the only differences being the threaded handle and the stronger l brake, double but not so fast. It is annoyingly slow, it takes 5-6 turns of the butterfly to feel something. Congratulations for snap!
Stefan Boicu
·
@stefanboicu
@stefanboicu
9 months ago
before I used the new longbow. but when I wanted to take some more, the one from arrow Timisoara recommended me to use aventa. since then the aventa has remained a good reel for everything.
@floriceeel
@floriceeel
9 months ago
@stefanboicu Longbow XT is a mess of a reel, just like the new model Powerliner. The classic ones, in both cases, were exceptional. I had 4 classic Longbows, and both Powerliner models.
@elenadimache4467
@elenadimache4467
8 months ago
Hello! Do the drums work interchangeably? From 6000 to 5000?
Stefan Boicu
·
@stefanboicu
@stefanboicu
8 months ago
Yes, it works. but honestly I don't see the point. only if you need a lot of wire for planting or I know for long distances.

Bob

Last edited:
Fantastic reels.

I've used the 6000's on my 2lb Barbel rods for a few seasons now and are happy with big fish on small rivers like the Derwent or mighty rivers like the Trent 💪

If these were £100 per reel I'd still buy them and think they were a bargain.

Fantastic reels.

I've used the 6000's on my 2lb Barbel rods for a few seasons now and are happy with big fish on small rivers like the Derwent or mighty rivers like the Trent 💪

If these were £100 per reel I'd still buy them and think they were a bargain.
Richard, ssshhhhhh, there maybe someone from Okuma looking in. 😁 👍

Hi, forgot i'd looked at the Aventa about a year & half back.
On another fishing forum, one bloke who as both the 5000 & 6000, confirms body is the same.
5000 as a smaller dia spool (about 3mm less),. Plus if you bought one of each, you could mix & match spools.

I use the older bigger Powerliners (PL860 ?), on my Powermesh 3.5 LB Pike Rods. Been excellent.

Only just bought 2 more 8000 OC's, drat. One thing think bait runner drag is not good, so fitted spools with Ice Carbon Washers.
Mind in schematics, Aventa baitrunner drag, very similar looking/ parts. Be OK can use for Stillwater Pike.
Luckily got a few of Pike & Barbel rods.

Xtea 5000 weight: stated 540g, weighed it with line on 578g. So Aventa's both lighter (but at least bigger spools) .

Bob

ps this spacer bang on replaces spring in 8000 OC cap & prob 'D'(if it ain't got one already fitted).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266141470883

Length 7.5 mm M6, could just fit this bush, if you wanted to just quicken drag up.

Back