• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Odell Syndicate

James Smith

Hello all,

New to the forum after quitting the carp scene, have been looking at stretches of river on google earth doing a bit of prep and come across a gate with an Odell Angling sign - I have just spoke to a friend and he has heard of it but cant get any information, just wondered if anybody on here could shed some light on it - its just down the road from me, so I am very interested.

Regards

James

You might want to get hold of Del Romang, of Delkim, as he runs the 'club'. It's open to resident but you'll need to be put forward by a member, as a non resident, if there are any places that is.

Contact Us - Delkim

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post, I will drop him a message but unfortunately dont know anybody on the syndicate - I live in Lavendon so am close but not quite a resident.
Will message him and see what he says, thanks again for your post.

May have to look at the Harrold syndicate instead

Regards

James

Might be better off reading the posts on the Ouse thread first, there's not much being caught in the river at the moment due to various reasons...Otters mainly....
You may be better off looking at other rivers rather than the Ouse...you might even catch something!!!

Thanks for the message Andy, to be honest its the peace and quiet I am after to be honest - sounds like the Ouse will be perfect! If I land one then it'll be a bonus!!

James,
You certainly should find plenty of that!!!
Used to fish it in that area....but that was in 2007-8, 2007 produced 4 good doubles, 2008 produced not a bite!!
Then pressure of work took over and I was unable to get out as I was working away all the time...
if you think any info I have would be of use please PM me..

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy appreciate the reply, will just stick to the club waters for the min - mainly Turvey and see how it goes.

Kind regards

James

I looked into that harrold syndicate but could not find any info on the strech upstream of bridge behind houses looks good spoke to a angler he said it was a bit of a closed shop or you had to live in harrold ?? Not sure james you may be able to enlighten me I now down stream is free for two swims near the bridge then I believe it's Wellingborough ticket behind the country park I walked it last year in clear conditions did not see a chub I finding really hard last season and haven't caught a barbel this season

H Tom, yes the bit above the weir is part of Harrrold Syndicate and I am told there are spaces apparently. The Odell Syndicate is further downstream past the wellingborough section, I was struggling to find any info at all on this until now but after the info kindly received in this thread I will probably leave it alone now and concentrate on Turvey.
I had some nice chub and perch out of the weir at Harrold about 6 Years ago :)

Hi James you're correct there are spaces on the harrold ticket I have put a lot of time in down there this season and had only one barble and two chub it's a lovely stretch of water however there aren't many fish left in the river I spoke to an old boy last week who has fished it for years and he said that he used to have between 100-200 barble in a season out of there last year he fished it 95 times had 89 blanks and 7 barble! I don't think that Odell is fishing very well this year either what is turvey like this year?

I will go along with Andy Bell's views, drop me a pm James and will tell you what I know...........

Back