• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

October 20111 Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Please vote for your favourite:

• 14lb 7oz Wark Avon

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • 14lb 4oz Tidal Trent

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • 10lb 5oz Tees

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • 13lb Dove

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the October 2011 Fish of the Month competition. Don't forget to add the weight of your fish to your gallery entries to ensure they're eligible for the competition. I don't include fish stated simply as 'double', even though they're obviously potential winners.

Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

palllogosm.jpg

Pallatrax - Fishing Bait, Boilies, Carp Baits, Carp Boilies, Barbel Bait, Groundbait, Method Mixes,

4eb229eb13b04.jpg

14lb 7oz Wark Avon

4ed909105cb83.jpg

14lb 4oz Tidal Trent

4e97560fa7996.jpg

10lb 5oz Tees

4eaf2566695ca.jpg

13lb Dove

All lovely fish and exceptional captures but being that I understand quantum physics more than I understand the river my vote will go to the Wavon fish. Headbanger river for me and the sort of barbel I can only dream about!

WAvon for me also cracking looking fish.

Well i've never wet a line in any of those rivers, but i understand the Tees is a head banger ! where doubles are rare, all lovely Barbel, but the Tees gets my vote.

Ian.

Of these rivers I have only ever fished The Trent, but I do know that big fish are not so common in T' frozen norf.

We sometimes get a bit blasé about big fish in the south, where BIG Barbel are as common as accommodating ladies:).

So for me the Tees fish would seem to be an exceptional and hard won trophy and closer to the river record that the other fine fish, for that reason I have gone for the Tees fish.

That said, well done to all, none are mean achievements in our incredibly silly hobby!!

Avon fish for me. Cracking looking fish and if I remember right was part of an impressive multiple catch.

Cheers
Mark:)

Wow, yet again some very impressive fish but as previously mentioned I think the Tees fish has to be the best achievement..... my apologies and congratulations to the other lads.........

Tees for me too, great to such such a magnificent quality of fish from such a tough river, well done.

Well Crooky, you dear old thing, I must concur. Tees fish. All barbel are beautiful, if they swim free!

Regards as ever

Hugo

Has to be the Tees fish for me ! As a percentage of the RR it stands up well and they are like rocking horse do do !
All the others are great fish and congrats to the captors !

River Tees for me.................. a superb fish for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts as well Ian...Right nip and tuck this is !!....3 days to go, not sure I can take the strain...Come on the Tees fish

Last edited:
Back