• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

OCD and fishing.

My OCD is: when fishing two rods for barbel, I must have my FS seeker on the left hand side with a big meat on it, with rod is positioned parallel to the ground. And my torrix with a feeder or PVA bag on the right, rod tip points to the sky, regardless of the current direction.

My mates used to take the pi-s out if my set up when I carp fished because It was always wonky and untidy.

Now I do it deliberately if I fish 2 rods - un level rod rests, different line on each spool, bobbins all over the place etc etc. I just don’t care about that sort of ‘stuff’. Part of it is designed to make me look like a ‘noddy’ and maybe part of it is a reaction to the carp type anglers with their fancy set ups and rods so close together that they have to fold the handles…….etc etc.
Yeah, and also have you noticed nobody bothers you if you don’t look like an ad for Nash or Korda

Yeah, and also have you noticed nobody bothers you if you don’t look like an ad for Nash or Korda

My mates used to take the pi-s out if my set up when I carp fished because It was always wonky and untidy.

Now I do it deliberately if I fish 2 rods - un level rod rests, different line on each spool, bobbins all over the place etc etc. I just don’t care about that sort of ‘stuff’. Part of it is designed to make me look like a ‘noddy’ and maybe part of it is a reaction to the carp type anglers with their fancy set ups and rods so close together that they have to fold the handles…….etc etc.
Mott The Hoople’s bassist Peter Overend Watts used to employ much the same tactics favouring neon pink carp rods as a reaction against the standard green/black/camo norm.

I do like eccentrics, I really do. And I admire the bravery of the chap, but I’m far too conventional and conservative for such statements myself.

My OCD is: when fishing two rods for barbel, I must have my FS seeker on the left hand side with a big meat on it, with rod is positioned parallel to the ground. And my torrix with a feeder or PVA bag on the right, rod tip points to the sky, regardless of the current direction.
So even if you know that pointing the rod tip towards the sky is hampering your presentation and bite indication, you'll still do it??

Fish a good strong tripod anchored down with bungee and jrc pegs and a car mechanics mat to stop me falling on my ass at silly o'clock if it's a bit wet ,mainly fish the tidal so set the rods at the appropriate hight and angle depending on the current / tide

Your not a barbel angler unless your staring at the sun 🤣
.... and you're not a proper carp angler unless you stare, vacantly, at the fish's dorsal fin in every trophy shot. You obviously must be just a barbel angler if you look at the camera. And smile??!! For god's sake, you must be a Noddy!! 😂 🤣 😂

.... and you're not a proper carp angler unless you stare, vacantly, at the fish's dorsal fin in every trophy shot. You obviously must be just a barbel angler if you look at the camera. And smile??!! For god's sake, you must be a Noddy!! 😂 🤣 😂
I’ll stick to float fishing then.
I hate staring at the sun and I’m too miserable to smile 😊

That’s about as good as it gets 🤣
718aff0f-2d05-4eac-9717-8288e8927c09.jpeg

Back