• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Obsessed

Wise words as ever. It is a concern and I have pretty good security
but this is a project for close season and a lot of decent stuff available now at sensible money.
If you have a Costco not too far away, they do a superb outdoor camera with a built in sensor, superb night vision, (£120), if anyone/thing gets too close, you,ll get a unique warning sound on your mobile phone. You can then watch whatever it is that has activated it.

"RING" also do one, BUT, you have to pay a subscription after 6 months.

I really could do with thinning out mine - I've got in the region of 35 rods and 20 reels (I won't bother posting pics as they're all just in a jumble in the loft), but I probs only use half of those, if that. But I know for a fact the minute I sell any of them I'd either regret it, or need to use that particular rod/reel for some reason. And there's still a few rods and reels I'm still on the hunt for.

We're our own worst enemy.

I've thought about investing in a Ring set-up, but I think I'm going to get one of these and adapt it for the tackle store:

Funnily enough Mr Kay was pretty much on the money with this one ☺️
My wife has a Tesla and it has whats called Sentry Mode. So when the car is parked ( hard up against the garage doors) it is constantly monitoring activity through a number of sensors & cameras. If someone approaches the car it flashes headlights and puts a message on the screen alerting them and it starts recording images to the cars hard drive. If they attempt to get in , apparently the alarm goes, the horn goes and it plays heavy metal at full volume whilst sending an alert to your phone, which is also the key. So not a bad first line of defence. I'm sure you could modify it to shout " get back yer b********d in a Bolton dialect 👍A good dose of Slayer will work for me.

Sounds like a who has the biggest willie thread to me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Davi

It looks really nice, you’ve done a great job and a lot of people like to display what their hard earned money has bought over the years.
im just saying keep it on the down low and out of sight to unknown visitors and keep it under hard security.
It’s much easier and far more tempting to the countries scum to take what’s hanging on the wall
Update - fitted 2 sets of shoot-bolts to each door at the weekend and updated the alarm so it has it's own wireless alarm with additional sensors( plus the house alarm)
Added to the original locks I don't think I can do a lot more , they could still get at it but would need to be a proper angle grinder job. But then they have to get past the cars.
A bit like Graham mentioned we have one private road in and no passers by as it's a dead end, which does make you a bit complacent so I'm glad you mentioned it Richard as it was one of them jobs I've been meaning to do for ages 👍
Just need to allow 15 minutes to get into the damn garage now

Update - fitted 2 sets of shoot-bolts to each door at the weekend and updated the alarm so it has it's own wireless alarm with additional sensors( plus the house alarm)
Added to the original locks I don't think I can do a lot more , they could still get at it but would need to be a proper angle grinder job. But then they have to get past the cars.
A bit like Graham mentioned we have one private road in and no passers by as it's a dead end, which does make you a bit complacent so I'm glad you mentioned it Richard as it was one of them jobs I've been meaning to do for ages 👍
Just need to allow 15 minutes to get into the damn garage now
It’s the same for me mate. 3 locks and a screamer to disarm before I get in the garage. There’s a camera pointing at the face of the unlucky git that attempts to get in there aswell. Can only make it as difficult as possible 👍🏻
The fishing rods are well tucked away to be fair and I don’t think they’d take the time to look for them once they saw the bike.

It’s the same for me mate. 3 locks and a screamer to disarm before I get in the garage. There’s a camera pointing at the face of the unlucky git that attempts to get in there aswell. Can only make it as difficult as possible 👍🏻
The fishing rods are well tucked away to be fair and I don’t think they’d take the time to look for them once they saw the bike.
On the issue of security Im sure that most of you, like me, have a number of locks on your garages or sheds but please remember to fit window locks where appropriate. Probably the quickest, easiest and quietest way of getting access to your gear.

20200405_120818.jpg

This is my security. He doesn't like strangers in his home!

Funnily enough Mr Kay was pretty much on the money with this one ☺️
My wife has a Tesla and it has whats called Sentry Mode. So when the car is parked ( hard up against the garage doors) it is constantly monitoring activity through a number of sensors & cameras. If someone approaches the car it flashes headlights and puts a message on the screen alerting them and it starts recording images to the cars hard drive. If they attempt to get in , apparently the alarm goes, the horn goes and it plays heavy metal at full volume whilst sending an alert to your phone, which is also the key. So not a bad first line of defence. I'm sure you could modify it to shout " get back yer b********d in a Bolton dialect 👍A good dose of Slayer will work for me.
Im curious, which Slayer track is it?
I’m sure it’s in Dead Skin Mask, there’s a section of that track that is a girl screaming about being locked in and wanting to be let out, now that would work! Who is going to want to steal a car of a psycho who’s locked some bird in the boot!
I bet it’s Angel of Death...

Im curious, which Slayer track is it?
I’m sure it’s in Dead Skin Mask, there’s a section of that track that is a girl screaming about being locked in and wanting to be let out, now that would work! Who is going to want to steal a car of a psycho who’s locked some bird in the boot!
I bet it’s Angel of Death...
Love it
It would be early stuff
Probably chemical warfare or hell awaits

Love the doggos.

Nick.

I reckon that's one doggie that won't be kidnapped.

And if it was......follow the blood trail😀
What is it with dogs and catalytic converters being stolen at the moment? There isn't a day that goes by where one or both don't pop up on my Facebook feed with photos of the suspects. Have we time traveled back to the 90s?!?!?!? What's next - VW and Mercedes badges?

Back