• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

November 2010 Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Please vote for your favourite:

• Dove 17lb 10oz (River Record)

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • Ribble 13lb 2oz

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Teme 13lb 8oz

Votes: 34 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the November 2010 Fish of the Month competition. Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

palllogosm.jpg

4ce5478bb5767.jpg

Dove 17lb 10oz (River Record)

4d1f8d90d7583.jpg

Ribble 13lb 2oz

4d3f148830233.jpg

Teme 13lb 8oz

Very tough ! 3 fantastic fish and the Dove fish is a cracker from a very tough river BUT that Teme fish is a stonker !

All very beautiful fish,but I would have to go for the Dove fish,what a beauty.

Much as I would like to vote for a fellow beard, for me the Dove fish is the one.

That said, well done to the others, they are big fish worthy of praise and must have given the captors huge enjoyment.:)

Teme one for me.

All fantastic fish but it has to be the Teme fish for me because it was caught in the day the Teme is not an easy river to catch fish in daylight hours so this is one hell of an achievement well done that man.

I went for the Dove, but the Teme fish would win most months. Both crackers but a river record and such a well proportioned fish wins it for me. Well done all.

3 crackers but the Teme one did it for me!!

Teme fish for me, it could have hardley had room to turn round in the river!

All three great fish ...

ribble fish

gone for a fellow ribbler, fish of that size are hard to come by on the ribble. crackin catch.tight lines for the new season all.

Hi men ,

Well done Si mate , great fish , seems ages ago that the txts were flying around :D.

Hatter

Last edited:
Hi men ,

Glad the voting has finished , as I can tell a quick story . James and Sue were fishing together ( work for me ) when James hooks obviously a big barbel . After a big tussle Sue gets it in the net . Laying it on the mat he points out to sue that although it looks like its hooked ok ,the hook is outside its mouth , near its lip, in its chin !!. Quick as a flash he pops it out , and returns it safely , un weighted , un photographed . He gave me a phone at work , " how big " I asked , he tells me the tale , then says " over 12lb " :eek: . Justice was done later in the year , so the photos could be done .

Hatter

Back