• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

notts piscatorials

Justin Martin

hi
was after a little info on the club if anyone is willing to share a little i know a couple of there stretches was wanting to know a little about there rules and memberships and if u r allowed to night fish any info much appreciated thanks justin

Like Many clubs some stretches you can night fish and others you cannot, rules are pretty standard re, litter, fish care etc. but they are very keen on only using access & parking strictly as set out for each stretch. They also do not allow publicising of any catches from their waters.

5 tier's of application for membership depending on whether you have an NG post code or not and whether you have a proposer & seconder who are already members. £270 for the first year and £90 therafter.

Having said all that I'm not sure they have any vacancies at the moment so you would need to make an application via their website and they will let you know what tier you fall into and whether there are any vacancies.

Cheers,

Steven.

Like Many clubs some stretches you can night fish and others you cannot, rules are pretty standard re, litter, fish care etc. but they are very keen on only using access & parking strictly as set out for each stretch. They also do not allow publicising of any catches from their waters.

5 tier's of application for membership depending on whether you have an NG post code or not and whether you have a proposer & seconder who are already members. £270 for the first year and £90 therafter.

Having said all that I'm not sure they have any vacancies at the moment so you would need to make an application via their website and they will let you know what tier you fall into and whether there are any vacancies.

Cheers,

Steven.

Blimey Steve.....don't wonder tears are falling if you have to go through all that, and still may not get in :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

David,

...... and I didn't even mention the voting procedure where even getting through the interview, being invited to the meeting, being asked to leave the meeting while your application is dscussed you could still be "black balled" .........

That said, it's a well run club with the best interests of the waters, fish & countryside at heart :)

Cheers,

Steven

sounds like our own club UX,rovers, it put alot of people off, thank god them days are gone.:D

Gawd help us Dave....if they saw all the scrapes I manage to get myself into on here, they would never accept me if they were still like that :p:D

Mind you, there have been one or two little digs now and then....so who knows :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back