• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nottingham Piscatorial Society an evening with John Bailey & Paul Floyd

Kevin Stephenson

Nottingham Piscatorial Society an evening with John Bailey & Paul Floyd Weds 2nd Nov doors open at 6.30pm Newark Showground Nottinghamshire. All profit go towards the further expansion of the Junior Section.

A Timely reminder that Barbel Maestros John Bailey & Paul Floyd’s talks are just 2 days time and everyone welcome. A date for your diary is Weds 2nd November from 6.30pm at Newark Showground. As in previous years the Guest Speaker Evening and Tackle Show is organised by the Nottingham Piscatorial Society with any profit going to part fund our expanding Junior Coaching scheme that now even includes local schools and Scout Groups, so what a fantastic cause to help future young anglers in the Trent area.

Don’t forget the clock have gone back and it will be dark early so the event will be well signposted and there is loads of free parking at the event and only a fiver entry fee on the door so no need to mess around pre booking. As well as the 2 talks by 2 fantastic River Barbel anglers we had loads of tackle and bait stalls so you can stock up on any amount of tackle and bait at a discount. Doors open from 6.30pm and talks start around 7.30pm.

John Bailey needs no introduction to many of us; John is a TV angling star and author of over 50 books on angling and well as a regular feature writer for the various angling publications. John has a great passion for fishing UK Rivers and he is incredibly successful at catching barbel. Paul Floyd has a different but equally successful approach to fishing Rivers such as the Trent and over the last few years has had great success with his simple yet different approach to the rest of us. Come along and hear some of the secrets from Paul that has helped him catch double figure Barbel from 10 different Rivers.

The list of trade stands continue to grow and in no particular order, Angling Shops: Future Fishing-Newark, Specimen Fishing UK-Coventry, OpenWater Angling-Clipstone, Discounted Fiskies Fantastic Feeders (collect them on the night and you don’t even have any postage costs), Custom Angling Solutions will all be there on the night. The Barbel, Chub and Carp baits manufacturers are represented by: Dynamite Baits, Cult Baits & Quest Baits. Nottingham Piscatorial Society membership application forms are available on the night and a chance to have a chat with the committee members and find out a little more about our waters. We have also asked are friends at the EA and Angling Trust to come along and meet you.

This is a fantastic night now in its fifth year and just keeps getting better and better, getting out and talking about fishing on a dark November evening what could be better. As usual we will have our mega raffle on the night already with over £1,000 in prizes. It’s only a fiver on the door to non NPS members and all kids U16 are free. Just head for the centre of the Showground to the Cedric Ford Pavilion but it will be signposted. See you there any questions please message me or post here and I will do my best to answer.

wished I lived closer would have loved to have gone
bet it was a great way to spend a winters evening

wished I lived closer would have loved to have gone
bet it was a great way to spend a winters evening
It was.A couple of good speakers who are both highly experienced anglers sharing their experiences with others was both interesting and entertaining,credit to the NPS for organising it.

Back