• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

No river Arrow reports=Is it that dead?

Mick Harris

No Longer a Member
So now ABAC have lost the Arrow @Wixford.
Be Abbots Salford next which seems pretty dead these days...
Does nobody fish the Arrow as there hasnt been any reports in ages,I know Phil Smith has fished/fishes it and he gets put on to the big fish[that are left]and also Jimmy[smiles]sallis...

We only add a River Report for those rivers that had a reply last season. Maybe be wrong, but last reply was Jan 2016

Any river can be added on request.

Hi men,

Loved the Arrow , suited our style of bumbling about , and would have liked to still be wandering it now , but i guess that the bit we was on has a lot less fish . The bit Phil fishes has fish come in and out from the Avon , so possibly a better option. We did see less fish on our last season , and was a bit worrying. Glorious tap clear water watching fish pick up our baits , and underfished , shame.

Hatter

NO idea how Phil got into that club as it has been closed doors for ever.I know Lewis Baldwin managed to get on it some years back.Its been an aold mans match club since year dot and was once owned by Cannon hill and cadbury at one point.I had asked many years ago several times walking that stretch anglers about joining and i was always told NO NO NO CHANCE.I also know that good old Dave Clarkeson formed a small syndicate on the opposite bank but it didnt last long[1/2 seasons max].Dave moved away from angling said too many noddies fish chasers and circus out there to enjoy it anymore,he runs and bike rides these days.Agree with you Hatter above,same for me and the wife.

Hi men,

That lower bit had no interest for me and Sue , it was the style of fishing we went for , even though the size of fish was much smaller . We made lots of swims , even mamaged to cover them up between sessions , and could watch the fish in nearly everyone of them , hence noticing the numbers of fish dwindling .

Hatter

Back