• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

No fishing for the rest of the season.

Paul Hayes

Happy Christmas to one and all.
My fishing is now over for this season. I've had a hip problem for the last couple of years and in the last 6 months it's really got worse. So bad now I struggle to walk even half a mile.
Good news is that on Jan 9 I go in to have a new hip fitted. Not a bad time of year to have it done and should be running about by the time next season starts.

hope your fit soon paul merry xmas

It will be August before I get to the Wye Graham. Have a holiday planned mid June. Richards also taking me on the Kennet

Chin up Paul, take it from me it's worth the discomfort. Best Wishes with it all :)

Good luck with the OP Paul, when you do get back on the bank, don't forget the hip flask, Its cold out there. :)

Sorry to hear that Paul, good luck with the op

With the Tigers in fifth they can't call on you for a final push t'top four then? :)

Not particularly ideal Paul, but thinking positively, you missing out on the back end of this mainly unproductive season for an important op. isn't such a bad thing!

All the best for the 9th and for the coming year.

Roger

And Paul.
I fancy Rich will be taking you to the same bit as I did all those years ago for your first Kennet Barbel. Just opposite bank.:D

First Kennet barbel, you mean where I caught the first of 4 at the start of my barbel fishing learning curve.

Thanks for the best wishes folks personally can't wait to have it done. I've been unable to reach some swims which I know produce some big fish. To far to walk.

Back