• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

night fishing WA

Robert Richbell

Hi i currently have BAA membership which has very limited night fishing opportunities, its 100 miles or so each way for me to travel and could do with finding a club that allows night fishing...any suggestions?

i live in Hampshire near Basingstoke so bit of a haul did it last year but costs me 30 quid a time in fuel and 3-4 hours travel in total

So the Kennet would be your easiest option,Newbury club, Thatcham club and Reading and District with night permit I have not been a member for a few years now but the first 2 both used to have night fishing with some very big fish.But it seems difficult these days on the Kennet/Lodden. Probably worth asking for up to date news on the river thread.

sorry guys, didnt make myself clear , i am looking for night fishing on the WA and or River Severn. I had a couple of Kennet tickets and a Loddon but the river is a shadow of itself of even 3 or 4 years ago, which is why i travel up to the midlands to fish for Barbel. What i want is stretches where i can drive up there, fish until midnight or so, kip in the motor, fish again in the morning then a lazy drive home. thanks

Manor farm and xxx outside Evesham Robert would suit your requirements on the Avon.
Both day/night tickets that hold some good fish with easy access. They can get busy though for obvious reasons.

Warwick and district AA have some reasonable water, I have searched their web site and can find no rules mentioning no night fishing, might be worth contacting them.

Royal Leamington Spa Angling Association is another that might be worth checking out.

If you want night fishing on the Severn take a look at The Sidings Fishery at Rhea Hall Highley,it's run by Paul Bradley and a day or night ticket is just £5,if you look on the Severn Gallery he has quite a few pics on there,some quality barbel,well worth a look.

cheers, i had fished Manor farm once, lot of drinking noise and litter, but that was a summers evening, might be better late autumn. Royal Leamington Spa looks a possbility and for £5 for the Severn looks better still.

Back