• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Night fishing tidal trent.

Chris Allcock

Hey everyone.
I was just wondering where I can night fish the tidal as I've just found out collingham aa have wrapped up the night fishing for non members
I am absolutely gutted! I was hoping to take my young un night fishing for a couple days/nights in august.
Thanks in advance.

Chris I’m pretty sure that Scunthorpe do a night ticket not an expensive club to join either
To get a night fishing permit with Scunthorpe AA,you now have to be a member for two years,and be registered on Clubmate.
All to do with not wanting a big influx of ex Collingham anglers.
Still a great value ticket for all the Trent stretches that we have.

Collingham ending night fishing on day tickets has caused a massive push onto club and syndicate waiting lists, and most of them have changed entry and vetting processes as well. Ashfield waiting list is 3,000+ now and BS Sutton or Normanton is a couple of years. Day tickets are going to become less and less as the rubbish (literally) from Collingham ends up elsewhere.

not sure about tidal but its the trent

I believe
Bobs island and A1 pits do day tickets with night fishing

Bobs gets a bad rep at times (and admittedly it’s not always the most peaceful place, midweek and later in the season is much better) but the owners and bailiffs have put a lot of work into it over the last couple of years. You now have to phone for the code for the gate as well. I went with a couple of mates last November and we had 7 different species with double figure Barbel and Pike, big Perch right under your feet and others on the float.

The backwater has had further work done for this season and loads of good Barbel are coming out on the float and pin, the bailiff had a 13+ and multiple smaller ones over the last couple of weeks.

I’m nothing to do with it btw!

I've just been looking at laugherton controlled by LDAA. They do night fishing, anyone fished there?
Chris.

see if you can get a notts fed ticket they have several night fishing venues and no extra cost
or notts aa extra for night permit though but you can fish opp bank to gunthorpe and night fishing here and another section

see if you can get a notts fed ticket they have several night fishing venues and no extra cost
or notts aa extra for night permit though but you can fish opp bank to gunthorpe and night fishing here and another section

That opposite Gunthorpe bank is very dicey. It’s a long walk from the road, and theres an almost vertical cliff face behind - a couple of seasons ago a lad posted a photo of a big landslide that just missed his bivvy.

That opposite Gunthorpe bank is very dicey. It’s a long walk from the road, and theres an almost vertical cliff face behind - a couple of seasons ago a lad posted a photo of a big landslide that just missed his bivvy.
Yes it is a long walk but gives you options for some good fishing and it was Ian Potts that posted that picture of the landslide
I believe the cliff is only at the end near the weir also

Back