• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

night fishing on the Loddon

Ed Laing

At the moment I fish an R.D.A.A stretch of the Loddon where night fishing is allowed.Is there any other clubs that allow this on the Loddon or syndicates that anyone knows of any info will be appreciated .

Ed,

Yes, Twyford and District Fishing club have a few good stretches most of which is available at the basic permit cost, unlike RDAA!!

http://www.tdfc.org.uk

Farnham Angling Society have some at a higher permit price as do Arborleigh Angling and Farnborough & District Angling Society.

Southlake just acquired a section but is is very expensiive to fish compared to other local prices and there are still a couple of free bits.

Dinton night syndicate also, I have probably forgotten something but to be honest, the only real restriction is on the RDAA stretch!!

wokingham council also has twyford lake syndicate including the loddon, that's if you can get in it, not like when cemex had it.

Thank,s for the info I,ll check out the relivant clubs . The Whistley Mill stretch I fish at night at the mo is ideal for the type of barbel angling I enjoy but after my second season on there I,m hungry to explore more of the Loddon,s banks .Night fishing being my preference due to the distance i travel .Also the fishing at W.Mill seems to die off towards autumn/winter .It does,nt seem to fish aswell in high water with colour most of my best results have been in low clear summer conditions into the night . I,m convinced the barbel move out of this stretch come late oct. to other areas of the Loddon .

I,m convinced the barbel move out of this stretch come late oct. to other areas of the Loddon .

Ed, people say the same on pretty much every stretch, I think they just wise up and get cuter as the season progresses, they certainly pile on weight whilst getting caught far less..........

I guess that angling pressure plays a major part in the the fish becoming more ellusive and relluctant to take an anglers bait .During the summer months of low clear river conditions alot of anglers struggle to catch day time fish (prob from lack of stealth and not using back leads)so the night fishing gives me an advantage of less angler pressure but as you say the fish soon wise up to bait and areas previously being productive to become areas to avoid .But as the weather changes and angling pressure decreases you would think the fish would become more confident in there feeding . As i,ve said it is only my second season barbel fishing and I,ve certainly learnt alot more this year to give the W.Mill stretch a good go this autum/winter .May be a change of bait to casters and hemp will fool them I had a couple last season using this approach .Although I find the use of a bait dropper to apply this kind of bait far to noisy for a river like the Loddon . Single hook baits with plenty of pulling power may be the answer I,ve a few up me sleve to try

Chubby2 . Is the Cemex bit refered to by Dave the old bit above the coach and horses pub rather than the Dinton bit?

G

I think that Dave means the old Cemex stretch by the lake, now Wokingham council.....

At the moment I fish an R.D.A.A stretch of the Loddon where night fishing is allowed.Is there any other clubs that allow this on the Loddon or syndicates that anyone knows of any info will be appreciated .

Night fishing is allowed on FAS at Carters Hill, Sindelsham Mill, and Stanford End. There is no extra cost to the normal ticket.

yer, behind the pub where the landlord banned anglers from parking.
you used to be able to fish it on a GXUDAS ticket, i liked it there...pity it's gone over.

Last edited:
Back