• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

nice setup 4sale

Richard Bracey

2 Grey's Prodigy Specimen Twin Tip Rod's
1.5lb-2lb Tip's (Each rod has 2 tip's)
Used but in excellent condition

2 Shimano 8000c GTE Bait Runner's
Spare Spool with each reel, loaded with 15lb & 12lb line.
Used but in excellent condition.

will sell the full setup for £280 will not split and pick up only as i dont drive only selling due to moving over to carping :eek:

Rods

Picture001-3.jpg

Last edited:
why sell the reels Richard ? They are plenty good enough, if they are strong enough for Barbel fishing they will take the strains of Carp and the rods with the 2lb tip will also stop any Carp swimming...Don't get fooled into thinking you need "beachcasting" gear to catch...There is a lot of water between the bank and the horizon !!!!

My Carp fishing ended back in the late 80's but my rods...2lb TC 11 ft Conoflex Carbons and Mitchell 410 reels put 5 x 30lb plus fish and a good number of 20 lbers on the bank without a lot of a struggle....

Last edited:
why sell the reels Richard ? They are plenty good enough, if they are strong enough for Barbel fishing they will take the strains of Carp and the rods with the 2lb tip will also stop any Carp swimming...Don't get fooled into thinking you need "beachcasting" gear to catch...There is a lot of water between the bank and the horizon !!!!

My Carp fishing ended back in the late 80's but my rods...2lb TC 11 ft Conoflex Carbons and Mitchell 410 reels put 5 x 30lb plus fish and a good number of 20 lbers on the bank without a lot of a struggle....

Well said but i still want a carp setup mate ...........................

Back