• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NGT CENTREPIN ... blimey !!!

Barry Peck

Just had one delivered as I took Mark Evan's opinion on board and his experience .
Straight out the box it's light , solid no wobble and spins well .

I've bought a set of better bearings for it and will clean, degrease and apply Mill tackle pin oil ... £35 and £9 for better bearings !!

Attachments

• IMG_9301.jpeg
    IMG_9301.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 137
Yep, very impressed with what they have put together for £35.

Shame there will be a lot of people buying the new Korum pin to try without knowing about this one at nearly half the price.
Mark I've bought some better bearings NMB 7x14 x5mm double sealed . I'll clean it all over first then change them and degrees . Then add mill tackle oil .
It spins well straight from the box .

Thanks for the heads up I new I could trust your opinion with your background in the industry 😎🎣🎣🎣Thank you

Well pay less and add your own bearings is my opinion .. it's a decent reel 🌞👍
Yes, I agree, no need to pay double for the Korum one. I have an aerial style cheap pin, (I suspect it is the same factory, given the mechanism is identical just a different look) and I upgraded the bearings, a great tool to use now.

Just had one delivered as I took Mark Evan's opinion on board and his experience .
Straight out the box it's light , solid no wobble and spins well .

I've bought a set of better bearings for it and will clean, degrease and apply Mill tackle pin oil ... £35 and £9 for better bearings !!
Don't put oil on it Barry, the bearings are sealed and not meant to be oiled 😳

Honest question why put oil on the shaft if it’s got bearings?
There is a very small tolerance gap between the shaft and the bearings which allows you to obviously remove and replace the spool. I’ve found a drop of oil on the shaft will dampen out some bearing to shaft feel or small vibration between its bridges the gap and it also aids with removing and replacing the spool. You ain’t pushing dry steel down dry steel. It’s definitely worth a drop imo

Cheers @Richard Isaacs 👍 I’ve always done it but on autopilot. I thought the other day it seemed a bit counterintuitive for bearing reels, but makes sense.

@Barry Peck is the NGT all aluminium? I think it is, different to the Korum, which I think shares a factory with the DAM Quick Shadow reel.

We always used to oil the spindles on all the purist and bearing reels we made.

I've read somewhere the Korum pin is based on one that DAM used to make? I've never seen a pin from DAM though.
Comparison between the Korum Glide Stealthmode & DAM Quick Shadow:
IMG_1743.jpeg

Image.jpeg

Putting things back in to perspective .. we are talking about a £35 pin 😎... I urge any one to find a tackle dealer that sells them and just go and handle one.

I just wanted to share my observations after Mark Evan's have his . Thank you Mark I'm more than happy with it 🎣🌞

Back