• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hi all been a long time since I fished a river. Lot has changed rules tackle. I want to get back into it all. I just wondered if its possible to fish the Severn overnight I live miles away and want to stay. Are bivvies allowed ? . Any ideas lads and girls.

Hi David, I can’t really help with where you can night fish the Severn, it’s been years since I fished it. Might be worth asking this question in the River Severn forum in the river reports section.

Not ignored David, as Tim said maybe better that you post your question in the River Severn report thread.

Me? A barbel fisher for 50 around years but I've only seen the River Severn once to my knowledge, let alone never fished it :oops: so I couldn't add any advice apart from cast into the wet stuff :D

Hi all been a long time since I fished a river. Lot has changed rules tackle. I want to get back into it all. I just wondered if its possible to fish the Severn overnight I live miles away and want to stay. Are bivvies allowed ? . Any ideas lads and girls.
Hi David, I fish the middle Severn regularly but on the BAA ticket which is day fishing only. However plenty of fish to be caught during the daytime. Other clubs you might want to look at are Kidderminster and Kniver /freeliners and if you post on the River Severn thread Im sure others will comment too.

Back