• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New year deal hi

Peter T Thomas

Hi this is my final offer pair of custom built Harrison dark carbon extra power rods 2.5 t.c now reduced to £330 inc courier cost rest £30 these rods are slightly different colour whipping one dark grey other black. Fuji k series rings ( have my initials ped) on butt section.
One is unused other 4 times the price new was 265 each so new owner will be buying at 150 each bargain pm me if interested for pics.thanksfor looking peter

Hi this is my final offer pair of custom built Harrison dark carbon extra power rods 2.5 t.c now reduced to £330 inc courier cost rest £30 these rods are slightly different colour whipping one dark grey other black. Fuji k series rings ( have my initials ped) on butt section.
One is unused other 4 times the price new was 265 each so new owner will be buying at 150 each bargain pm me if interested for pics.thanksfor looking peter
Hi Pete, would you take £150 cash for just 1 rod,my brother is interested, he's a postie and thinks he knows where you live 😉

Hi, yes only 4 times ,so used .
I believe you sold the "New " one for £150 so I assumed the used one would be cheaper .
Plus £30 is far to much postage for 1 rod .
Ime sure you will sell if you put it on eBay .👍

Hi, yes only 4 times ,so used .
I believe you sold the "New " one for £150 so I assumed the used one would be cheaper .
Plus £30 is far to much postage for 1 rod .
Ime sure you will sell if you put it on eBay .👍
Er..,,,,,,,no. I disagree entirely.
Find a decent service nowadays that will post a 6 1/2 foot long parcel including some decent insurance and the cost of a hard tube, packaging etc.
for much under 30 quid? Doubt that...I think it’s realistic.
The cost of the rod is reasonable too. Used 4 times practically is new unless he’s marked or scratched it. (I’m sure he’d say if so)
granted I thought his original prices on these rods were very optimistic but now I think this is very very reasonable and he shouldn’t reduce it further.
you obviously don’t have to buy it but you did ask him if he’d do it for £150 now you want it cheaper since it’s seen 4 fishing trips and say the post is too dear.
He’s probably not putting them on eBay to avoid chancers and dreamers pulling his legs. Ummmmmm🤔

Hi the postage I quoted was 24 hrs courier I've used these before but if you want to sort out your own I'll do it for £150 Thanks peter

Hi as I said ,I will give it a miss!
I take Richards point regarding postage,and for a tube containing 3 rods that would be ok,however
For 1 rod it is too much ,I realise that the cost is bumped up with insurance,and would be a risk to send without it.
The rod is a good price I agree ,but its to far to pick up.
Regards Adam

If you still want it after the latest corona restrictions are lifted I'll deliver it to you .I can't do any more than that .peter

Back