• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Winter suit

Peter Brownbill

I’m looking for a new winter suit preferably Jacket and bib and brace combo, any advice , has to be warm for starters and not bulky to wear , cheers

I've been using the fox winter suit for a couple of seasons now and can't fault it. Mine is the older model, having the orange fox logo whilst the new model I understand to be in silver. I can't say that there is anything to ground breaking in its design...but having tried out several makes and designs overvthe years...this seems to just do all that's required well. It's warm and waterproof. The bib and brace fits comfortably with no buckles or straps digging into your back and the jacket is a good overall length with non of the garments being overly bulky.
I picked mine up for £100 as it was the 'old model' and feel I have a real bargain.

OUTSTANDING BUY !!!!!!!!!! Only because they are being discontinued silly cheap lots of places discounting them Ebay etc BETTER than suits costing double this price

or free hat

I've been looking too and keep going back to the Daiwa "Retex" waterproof suit offering. Looks very decent for £80 but i'm not fishing enough to justify buying one at the moment 😅

Ok it's no good if you insist on olive or camouflage colours, but I wear these from IMAX. Warm as toast and very comfortable.

Don't worry guys, won't be seen until next winter as I don't want to get it dirty. will carry on with my Garlands Whitewater which I have had for about 18 years, wish they still sold them.

Thanks everyone , looking into all those , Do fancy the Avid Artic , will report back once I’ve got sorted

I too have bought a Deerhunter Muflon jacket and trousers, yes very expensive but very very warm and 100% waterproof, but unlike Phil, I also have a Deerhunter hat.
Check out the cost on the web...…..and don't be TOO shocked.

I too have bought a Deerhunter Muflon jacket and trousers, yes very expensive but very very warm and 100% waterproof, but unlike Phil, I also have a Deerhunter hat.
Check out the cost on the web...…..and don't be TOO shocked.
A lot of brass yeah but a small price to pay for being 100% dry and comfortable while enjoying what we love.

Does anyone have experience of Halkon Hunt clothing? If you have the choice between Deerhunter Muflon and Halkon Hunt what would you go for?

Back