• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New to the Trent.

Hi all, looking for some advice on the Trent. Anyone recommend a day ticket stretch or cheep club ticket on the middle Trent? I've considered Kelham and A1 but advice would be helpful. Many years ago I fished Beeston Gunthorpe and Swarkestone on day tickets. These still available?

Nottingham Anglers Association for Beeston and East Bridgford.
Scunthorpe Amalgamated Anglers for Ladypit Farm (also lots of the tidal Trent).
Nottingham Piscatorials for East Stoke.
All cheap club books of around £50 per season.

The Burton Mutual stretch of the Trent at Swarkestone isn't day ticket. £100 first year to join. A1 pits is OK, day ticket and pay on the bank. It can get busy though.

Nottingham Federation not as good as Nottingham Anglers in my opinion. They don't have as much water and it isn't as good. I don't have a Nottingham Federation book.

Hi all, I'm booked in for a few days near Collingham at the end of the month and after a brief google search I've just bought a Scunthorpe ticket . Looks like lots of river to go at on the ticket for 4-5 days, any suggestions on where to start? I imagine Ladypitt gets really busy? Im not anti-social but after fishing matches a lot of this year a bit of tranquility would be nice. If so I was thinking of starting at Besthorpe? Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks!

Nottingham Anglers Association for Beeston and East Bridgford.
Scunthorpe Amalgamated Anglers for Ladypit Farm (also lots of the tidal Trent).
Nottingham Piscatorials for East Stoke.
All cheap club books of around £50 per season.
East Stoke now £70 if you can get on the list !

I imagine Ladypitt gets really busy? Im not anti-social but after fishing matches a lot of this year a bit of tranquility would be nice. If so I was thinking of starting at Besthorpe? Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks!
Andrew, it’s amazing how it can vary. Yes some days, mainly weekends it can be very busy but I’ve fished there a couple of times midweek and there’s only been 2 or 3 of us on the whole length.

Back