• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Shimano X- Aero Baitrunners

Pete Dalton

Anyone seen one of these yet Shimano' X-Aero 4000 FA Baitrunner Fishing Reel'?

Looks like a premium bait runner in 4000 & 6000 - videos on FB. May be an XTEA equivalent .

I must be much rougher on my reels than you Dave. If they cant handle getting bashed around on a quiver, they're no good for me!

I must be much rougher on my reels than you Dave. If they cant handle getting bashed around on a quiver, they're no good for me!

I bought one of those Korum total protection quivers which is great. No walking through undergrowth and finding you've got about 30 yards of line hooked up on a branch either!

Dave

Had a look at one today. It's a very nice reel. Not sure if I'll take the plunge though and replace my trusty old 5010's with them. Bail arm is very thin though.

Don't see that this is anything new, seems just like the XT4000FA but re-badged?

Don't see that this is anything new, seems just like the XT4000FA but re-badged?

Nope, gearing, rotor, spool and bail arm are quite different. Definitely not just a simple rebadge. However, whether the "improvements" make it better or not is another matter.

Back